July 20, 2010

Sweet & Sour

Sweet 
& Sour



OK - isn't the Color Accent feature on our camera CUTE!  (No we did not put lipstick on Maya... but she just had beet soup for dinner.  Although, I admit, it is a bit Lolita-ish).

Now, regarding the caption...... OOOOHHHH Maya!  What a pill she has been lately!  She is definitely working out the new sibling + terrible twos frustrations this month.  Our latest battle is over Princess Jammies.  Maya knew nothing of the Disney Princesses until one fateful shopping trip I wanted to get her a pretty nightgown as a reward for being a great new big sister.  (Plus I had $10 free Kohl's dollars).  They were out of the correct size in the frilly purple (non-character) one I wanted so I thought she might like a princess one.  She liked it at first but recently she's addicted to it!  Yes, addicted is the appropriate word.  She wants to wear it ALL the time.  At first, this annoyed us and we tried to restrict it to bedtimes.  It was causing major arguments so I realized it was no big deal if she wanted to wear her jammies all day (choosing our battles) but made rule that she can't wear jammies if we go out of the house or if visitors come into our house.  So now she doesn't want to leave the house.  Not for a walk, not to playgroup, not for sidewalk chalk, NOT EVEN FOR her beloved SWIMMING at the Y!  So we're going to give her a few more days to "get over" Sleeping Beauty jammies and then they are going to become LOST!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would LOSE the jammies. She will question you 30 yrs from now, trust me! I would get 2 more in other colors so they become NORMAL and she will decide they are sleep clothes.
You MIGHT try telling her if she's in her jammies then she must want to just stay IN BED all day. haha
love, aunt Lee