April 21, 2011

April may go out with a BANG(s)

I really wanted to make some Easter Dresses for the girls this year.  I had been trolling Etsy for inspiration, and had found plenty!  Fortunately I talked myself off THAT ledge.  For (1), the girls have an oversupply of wonderful hand-me-down dresses already.  REDUCE, REUSE, RECYLCE, you know!  It is Earth Day this weekend, too.  (2) It has been 30 degrees this week.  We got a good dusting of snow on Monday.

Ever since we've lived here I cannot remember a warm Easter.  One warm enough for little girls to run around outside, hunting for eggs, wearing pretty sundresses.  I thought this year would be different.  This is the latest date for Easter since 1943 and there won't be another later until April 25, 2038.  You'd think late April is ample time to thaw Michigan out.  Jeff has amped up his cursing of Michigan this week because of the ridiculous weather, totally unrelated to its affect on the holiday.  Just a general (his standard) rant.  I aim my indignation at the weather on account of the poor Easter Dresses.

It might be 65º on Sunday (which I consider borderline sleeveless weather) - but I'm not holding my breath........but if I went outside right now I could SEE it.

This leads into my second topic, of Genna's hair.  Yes - I get it.  It's too long in the front.  It covers her eyes. She won't wear a ponytail or barrette.  (She will, however, happily EAT a rubber band or clip).  If it would ever warm up I could take her outside for some One-Year pictures.  Maybe AFTER that, we can butcher her hair.  You know, if we just let it grow out - it will be eventually easier to maintain - without BANGS.  So perhaps Genna will have her first haircut soon.  Or perhaps I will refrain just to spite you.  We'll see.



1 comment:

First & Last Mate Rosie said...

Genna's looking more and more like her big sister! So BEAUTIFUL!
Babcia