January 31, 2012

New dress for Maya

You'd think with all the "free time" a SAHM has... not to mention, wall to wall boxes of fabric & 2 sewing machines.....
the girls would be decked out in homemade frocks 7 days a week.

In reality, the girls are fortunate enough to have excessive hand-me-downs, which discourages me from making more dresses.  Maya has always admired the yellow "treat" print and since we were home sick from school Monday, we decided to whip this up.  (the alternative would have been to play dollies)

True to form, Maya expects this to be a nightgown.  And she's quite particular about things feeling funny..... I'm sure she'll never wear it without a shirt (or princess nightgown, as featured here) underneath.

I really should break down and get a pattern someday.  I don't really have the skills to wing-it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it fits pretty well to me! Hope Maya helped cut and/or sew it.
XO Babcia